“Let it Bee Mini Quilt”
Bees are so important to our world… So let’s create a little haven for them in fabric and stitchery from one of Susan’s newest designs! She will guide you through many of her beloved stitches. Layer and collage a background of hand dyed fabrics then embellish with many unique embroidery and stumpwork (3-D) stitches. Master those dreaded Bullion Stitches, along with perfect French Knots, Picot Stitches, Drizzle Stitches, Raised Cup Stitch, Rosette Chain Stitch, Leaf Stitches, and many, many more! Mini Quilts can be put together in a wall quilt, fabric book, or garland/Prayer Flag for display. If you are new to embroidery, don’t worry, Susan will teach you her little tips and tricks!
“Let It Bee” “Bee Skep Mini Quilt” Supply List
- Hand-Dyed Pearl Cotton Embroidery Threads (Sizes 12, 8, 5 & 3) (Embroidery Floss will not work for most of the stitches we will be doing)
- Embroidery Scissors
- Chalk Pencil or Silver Artist Pencil such as “General” or “Prisma Color” Brand (one will be included in kit)
- Glass Head Silk Pins
- Unique Buttons (for flowers, such as Mother of Pearl)
- Embroidery Book, (Sue Spargo’s Stitch Book available to purchase with pre-order from instructor $32 or from www.susanedmonsondesigns.com)
- Battery Ott Light (optional, but no electric lights)
***NOTE: There will be lots of hand-dyed threads, trims and fabrics available to purchase at class.
Questions about Class please contact Susan Edmonson at [email protected] or call 704 305-1984.
***Kit will include:
- Kit Fee: $20. – $25. Payable in class, Includes:
- Hand-Dyed Background Fabrics
- Fusible Batting
- Unique Safety Pin and Tag
- Silver Pencil and more!